The Brave Boy and Therapeutic Clowns at CHEO (plus Mario photobombing)

Thursday 28 November 2019

"If I can do four, I can do two."

Not a lot of time to write this morning as we ready for the hospital, but wanted to share Ollie's state of mind.

He woke at 5:30 and couldn't sleep anymore. He's been sleeping with one of us since his biopsy because we are worried. He was with Mario last night. So Ollie crawled into bed with me this morning, saying he couldn't sleep anymore. So we talked about what would happen today when they do the MRI, insert the PICC line where he'll get his meds and the chemo. 

While we were doing this, Chewbacca the cat came over and lay half on Ollie's chest and began to putt. This is incredible as he usually hangs out near Ollie, by but never on him as Ollie is too unpredictable and moves all the time. Even Ollie recognized the significance of this. The cat was comforting him and making him strong. 

When I asked him if he was afraid, he asked me if he was going to have more than one needle today and I said likely two. He had four yesterday and replied, "Nah...If I can do four, I can do two." 

We got this. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your positive thoughts and comments about our journey. If preferred, you can send us a private message using the Contact Form on this page.

Keeping the Family Healthy During and Post Cancer

When Ollie was first diagnosed I had a terrible upper chest and sinus infection. Likely exacerbated from the stress of testing and diagnosis...