The Brave Boy and Therapeutic Clowns at CHEO (plus Mario photobombing)

Thursday 19 November 2020

One Year Reflection by Ollie


Today is my one year anniversary of my diagnosis. I'm feeling kind of stressed today. 

I got frustrated, mad and sad trying to do my schoolwork today that felt too hard. And then I cried a little and it was okay. The crying sometimes makes things feel better.

I loved getting new Beyblades this year. They helped me get through all of the needles and scary stuff. The hardest part of the past year was really needles and dressing changes.

I don't feel scared anymore when I have to go to CHEO. This is because I learned to take deep breaths and calm myself down when I get needles. 
I'm okay with my blindness now. It made me feel scared and mad at first that I couldn't see. I just decided to accept that I'm going to be blind. I'm still the same even though I'm blind. So far there's not really anything I can't do.
I want to say thank you to everybody who got me through this. Thanks for all of your help and kindness. And thank you for all of the gifts.

Cancer's ass has been kicked (this is the one bad word my dad let me use this year)!

(Note from Dawn that this is a transcript of exactly what Ollie told me he wanted to say.)




5 comments:

  1. Ollie, you are awesome--cancer didn't stand a chance against you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ollie you are such a champion and our family is so inspired by your strength and tenacity!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ollie you are such a champion and our family is so inspired by your strength and tenacity!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ollie you are a true warrior. You are full of determination and strength.
    Sending hugs to you and you family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ollie you are a true inspiration and warrior. I hope that I have 1/2 the strength that you do! Your family is pretty awesome too! Take good care kiddo.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your positive thoughts and comments about our journey. If preferred, you can send us a private message using the Contact Form on this page.

Keeping the Family Healthy During and Post Cancer

When Ollie was first diagnosed I had a terrible upper chest and sinus infection. Likely exacerbated from the stress of testing and diagnosis...