The Brave Boy and Therapeutic Clowns at CHEO (plus Mario photobombing)

Sunday 23 February 2020

The Healing Properties of Music

Saturday at Ollie's request, Allie (and mom Lori) came to visit. She brought along her ukelele and put on a concert for us! 

She asked Ollie what his favourite songs are and then proceeded to find chords and lyrics online and did great impromptu renditions of Old Town Road, Havana, Despacito, a bunch of classic rock faves and a few Allie Goodyear originals. She has so much talent and is the sweetest young woman. She also wrote and performed the new Merry Dairy jingle! 

She used to be at my kids school and went to their daycare. I always marveled at how kind and attentive she always was to my children even before I got to know and become friends with her mom. She's been a terrific role model to Abby who goes to youth group with her and adores her. 

She was so kind to agree to come and spend her Saturday afternoon bringing us joy. It was the first day in 37 that I have seen him truly happy and enjoying himself without stress about what is coming next. He even wanted to get up and dance!
Abby also attended a musical where dear friend Mackenzie was performing on Saturday afternoon. 

After she attended a Zumbathon fundraiser for Ollie that was held by dear friend Cristina and associates of hers. I was unable to attend, but Abby represented and it was so sweet that so many of our friends from different walks of life went. A big thanks to Boxing 4 Health Inc. for also donating the space.  Abby had a blast.

In my worst times before this, music has always made me feel better and I am grateful to friends for bringing music into my children's lives right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your positive thoughts and comments about our journey. If preferred, you can send us a private message using the Contact Form on this page.

Keeping the Family Healthy During and Post Cancer

When Ollie was first diagnosed I had a terrible upper chest and sinus infection. Likely exacerbated from the stress of testing and diagnosis...